Please Help

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats alot of money for a PC without a monitor - I'd take it back if you can! Did you get Windows XP with the system (including the CDs + License?).

You could get something much better with a 17" LCD monitor for that price, so its worth trying.

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
No win as I already have one on my old machine

You cant use the same MS Windows operating system on two PCs? Did they give you a Windows XP Disc?

Last edited:
Reaction score
w.bishop said:
No win was on the machine. I have changed the operating system myself.

So you have a disc then is it XP?
Now as far as letting them upgrade the PC for you it appears you have paid over the odds [ ripped off in my opinion] so why give them another go> Get a refund dont mess about >>>>go and get a refund;)

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
I will go and see them tomorrow and see what they sujest

Get a refund!!!! nothing else!!!!! dont let them fob you off you will be throwing good money after bad;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
itsme said:
Get a refund!!!! nothing else!!!!! dont let them fob you off you will be throwing good money after bad
wink.gif
That is not going to be easy.

Here is what a "basic" today's entry PC should consist off ...

Asrock 939A8X-M motherboard ... We always recomend you get the best you can afford here but ... again, cheap but will do, Asrock are not a favorite of mine
512Mb DDR 400 Ram ... really could do with a gig of ram
160Gb 7200 8Mb HDD ... standard size, bigger can be added later
3.5" FDD ... yep still worth having
256Mb GF NX6600LE PCI Express ... good basic entry level card, can easily be replaced with a superdooperscooper
56K fax/Modem
16x DVD +/- D.L. DVDRW ... a must have in any build
All fitted in a std ATX midi case using a capable power supply ... highly recomended you get a dam good one anyway.

£350 Inc VAT

;)

Reaction score
I have been asking what I should get for a computer that I do mainly photography on? I have paid £390.00 pounds so far, if it means I need to pay £650.oo pounds as has been said this leaves me with £260.00 to spend with them.

What should I expect for my money?

Reaction score
w.bishop said:
Will this work without a CPU?

NO all PCs need a CPU! for £650 you would have an awsome PC if I built it I live in South Wales?:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess Mucks just forgot one to add to the list, or thought your existing one was ok :) As itsme says, every PC needs a CPU to work.

I hope your get your PC problem sorted! :)

muckshifter

Reaction score
yeah, sorry ...

Ian Cunningham said:
I guess Mucks just forgot one to add to the list, or thought your existing one was ok :) As itsme says, every PC needs a CPU to work.

I hope your get your PC problem sorted! :)
oops, yes INCLUDING an AMD Athlon 64bit 939 3000+ CPU :thumb:

Reaction score
I would like to thank IAN,Mucks and ITSME and everyone for all of the help you have given me.
I live in London unfortunately.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
No worries we have our rep there, his name is Floppybootstomp :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
No worries we have our rep there, his name is Floppybootstomp :D
uh oh ... I dunno ... his 'call-out' charges went up and you can't get him outside the M25.

OK, joking aside, Mr Bishop, although it would be nice to have a visit of an 'expert' I feel you are basiclly on your own as to what to do.

We all agree here that the price you were charged was a little OTT (over the top) but then you did agree to the cost. We do hope your 'shop' will alow you to get a better system, but it does sound as though their prices are a tad on the high side for what you get.

Keep us upto date with how you get on. :thumb:

Reaction score
if i was you i would request a refund. buy a complete system from a reputable dealer or reseller. if your doing photography you will need a fast system with a gig of ram. start looking at www.newegg.com for a system with a 939 amd processor. i built one for my daughter who does photography and web pages. hewlett packard recently started using asus mobos in some of their systems. and if you can handle the cost put in a decent video card in. newegg has complete systems as well so search around and good luck

Ask a Question