Windows XP Please help! Cannot exit Recovery Console

Reaction score
Somehow, either by my husband or kids my computer is in Recovery Console and I cannot exit. I have tried typing exit like it says to and all it does is restart my computer in Recovery Console again. I am hoping someone out there knows a quick fix that a computer novice like myself has overlooked or missed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
exit again, reboot, but tap F8 several times to go to the boot menu and choose "normal boot"

By pressing the F8 key right when Windows starts, usually right after you hear your computer beep when you reboot it, you will be brought to a menu where you can choose to boot into safe mode. If it does not work on the first try, reboot and try again as you have to be quick when you press it. I have found that during boot up right after the computer shows you all the equipment , memory, etc installed on your computer, if you start lightly tapping the F8 key you will usually be able to get to the desired menu.

If that don't work, we can always just delete the Recovery Console. :)

HTH

oh, welcome to PCR :wave:

Ask a Question