Windows Vista playing videos are slow

Reaction score
i recently had to download vista because my xp cant boot and i have no xp os disk just a vista. when i play videos using any software, wm or rp it laggs but i can play starcraft pretty good so i doubt the video card is the problem, am i missing any software that can be the cause of this? youtube actually works but stage6 just freezes my computer, i also download divx codec so i cant think of anything else, thx in advance

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi,

This could be down to a number of things.

1st can you just conform that you have a genuine Windows Vista CD

2nd this problem could be down to your internet connection is to slow to view videos on the internet what is are you on Dial up or broadband. Have you got the latest GFX drivers installed in windows vista?

hope this helps.

wizkid

Reaction score
yes it is geniune because they sent it to me through a new laptop i purchased recently and view videos on youtube is not a problem and i do not think it is the sound drives because i can play songs. how do i disable hardware acceleration? thx in advance

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do all videos lag?

Try using this video player and let us know what happens (it uses some built in codecs that shouldn't be affected by what's on your system):

http://www.videolan.org/

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Do all videos lag?

Try using this video player and let us know what happens (it uses some built in codecs that shouldn't be affected by what's on your system):

http://www.videolan.org/

wow, w/ video lan i cant even see the picture of the videos :/ i am using vista could it be possible my computer is too obsolete to run it and therefore causing the videos to lag. i am doubting it because as i said before youtube works great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First thing how can you download vista ...???
say install vista and this depends on many things may be format of the file do not supports by your media player or may be configuration of p.c is low...

Reaction score
can it be lagging because i put the os on the slave drive instead of the master?

Ask a Question