[PL] 2004 Discussion: MULTIMEDIA

Susan Bugher

The Nominations page is here:

http://www.pricelessware.org/2004/2004nominationsPL.php

Nominated programs can be evaluated at this time. A valuable program may
been have been overlooked during the nomination period. Late nominations
and seconds are permitted during the discussion period if there is
support for the program.

This thread is for review and comments related to programs on the
MULTIMEDIA page.

Programs that were nominated and seconded are listed below. The
subcategory is shown after the program name.

Audacity (1 Editor: Audio)
CDex (1 Editor: Audio)
Exact Audio Copy (EAC) (1 Editor: Audio)
Slide Show Movie Maker (SSMM) (1 Editor: Audio-Video)
TMPGEnc (1 Editor: Audio-Video)
VirtualDub (1 Editor: Audio-Video)
GSpot (2 Audio: Encoders-Decoders)
HarddiskOGG (2 Audio: Encoders-Decoders)
LAME (2 Audio: Encoders-Decoders)
MP3Gain (2 Audio: MP3 Tool)
Mp3tag (2 Audio: MP3 Tool)
1by1 (3 Player: Audio)
Cool Player (3 Player: Audio)
Foobar2000 (3 Player: Audio)
Quintessential Player (QCD) (3 Player: Audio)
WinAmp Classic (3 Player: Audio)
Zinf (3 Player: Audio)
VanBasco's Karaoke Player (3 Player: Karaoke)
Media Player Classic (3 Player: Multimedia)
ZoomPlayer (3 Player: Multimedia)
AP Guitar tuner (4 Musician Tool)
Psycle (4 Musician Tool)

Susan
--
Pricelessware: http://www.pricelessware.org
PL2003: http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/about2003PL.htm

jason

Susan Bugher wrote:

Late nominations and seconds are permitted during the discussion
period if there is support for the program.

I nominate MP3BookHelper. Category is MP3 Tool

MP3BookHelper

This program provides rapid Mp3 (ID3v1, ID3v2) and Ogg Vorbis tags editing
and file renaming functions. Mass Tag editing is done using special
variables and Regular Expressions.

Undo and preview for all changes, capitalization, search and replace, use
parts of file name or directory structure for tags. Directory renaming and
restructure based on tags. All customizable and configurable.

Get the artist and album information from the freedb database over
internet.

Play your mp3 files in Winamp or internal player while editing Tags. It
will auto pause and resume Winamp when renaming or updating files.

It can also be used to easily create WinAmp-compatible playlists (M3U
files), Information (NFO) files, Parity archive (PAR) data recovery files,
Simple File Verify (SFV) and Sound Verification (.SV) checksum files.

You can export and import ID3 tags to and from XML and comma delimited text
files, verify CRC/MD5 checksums and more.

Originally it was designed for managing audiobooks but could be used for
any mp3 and ogg files.

----
Personal notes:

- Most flexible renaming I've seen
- EXCELLENT integration with Explorer! (right mouse context menu)
- Quirk: File Renaming is under tab called "Move"

-----
OS: Win 98/ME/NT/W2K/XP
Current version: 2.3.3
Homepage: http://mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net/

Download: http://mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net/modules.php?
name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=9

2.14 MB (full installation)
1.89 MB (executable only)
Language: English, but supports Unicode File names in language other than
English on Windows XP and 2000

jason

Hi Susan,

If MP3 Bookhelper isn't already seconded, it is now. :)

This is quoted from the MP3 Tagger thread, Message-ID:
jason wrote:

I thought *I* had nominated it (LOL).

If not, I'm happy to second it.
Hmmm...I don't see it as nominated *or* seconded on the nomination page!
So I'll forward this post...that will take care of both. Thanks!

Jason

----

Susan--if you need a description, I can provide that.

I apologize in advance if I'm overlooking the program on the nominations
page.

Susan Bugher

jason said:
Hi Susan,

If MP3 Bookhelper isn't already seconded, it is now. :)

This is quoted from the MP3 Tagger thread, Message-ID:
<[email protected]>:

erm. . . that's just mumbo-jumbo here . . .
Hmmm...I don't see it as nominated *or* seconded on the nomination page!
So I'll forward this post...that will take care of both. Thanks!

Susan--if you need a description, I can provide that.

A *URL* would be a start - a *complete* description would be nice too.
I apologize in advance if I'm overlooking the program on the nominations
page.

Nope, thanks for checking. :)

Susan
--

Susan Bugher wrote:

A *URL* would be a start - a *complete* description would be nice too.

Yikes ...you really didn't see it! I'm thinking your ISP is missing
posts. I remember you saying you missed some other ones. Here's my
original nomination:

Subject: Re: [PL] 2004 Discussion: MULTIMEDIA
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:13:19 -0800

jason said:
Yikes ...you really didn't see it! I'm thinking your ISP is missing
posts. I remember you saying you missed some other ones. Here's my
original nomination:

Sorry, I was reading posts by date - not threaded - I see it now. AFAIK
I'm getting *almost* all posts - have done some checking. Problems are
much more likely to be due to human error. :)

Susan