Pict Bridge Printing

w.hatton

I do hope some one may be able to help, but it is not strictly a XP
problem. I have a Traveler DC-5080 Digital camera which is pictbridge
compatable. I have a HP PSC 1510 printer which is pict bridge
compatable. My problem is that when I connect the camera to the
printer it does all the right things until it tries to establish
connection with the printer when I get error and nothing else happens.
I also have a Funai FDP-100 and when I connect to this printer the main
menu screen flashes on and off, so I am unable to print direct to the
printer. I have sent the camera back to Traveler Service in Germany
and they replaced the camera with a new one but I am still having the
same problems with this new camera. Any ideas would be most gratefully
received.

Chuck

Dumb questions-- You did disconnect the printer from the PC's USB port prior
to connecting the "pictbridge" camera, didn't you?
(And, you connected the camera to the front USB port, not the rear one?)

w.hatton

Chuck;3061234 said:
Dumb questions-- You did disconnect the printer from the PC's USB por
prior
to connecting the "pictbridge" camera, didn't you?
(And, you connected the camera to the front USB port, not the rea
one?)

"w.hatton" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I do hope some one may be able to help, but it is not strictly a XP
problem. I have a Traveler DC-5080 Digital camera which i
pictbridge
compatable. I have a HP PSC 1510 printer which is pict bridge
compatable. My problem is that when I connect the camera to the
printer it does all the right things until it tries to establish
connection with the printer when I get error and nothing els
happens.
I also have a Funai FDP-100 and when I connect to this printer th
main
menu screen flashes on and off, so I am unable to print direct to the
printer. I have sent the camera back to Traveler Service in Germany
and they replaced the camera with a new one but I am still having the
same problems with this new camera. Any ideas would be mos
gratefully
received.
Thanks for your reply the answer to your question is yes and yes an
still get the same result

Chuck

How about the camera mode? Mine require that a menu setting be changed to
directly connect with some printers, rather than a PC.
Some cameras have multiple settings for interconnection. My Oly has three.
The normal mode allows the camera to appear as a disk drive to a PC. The
next mode is used for direct connect to and control of a printer. Finally,
there is a remote control mode that allows a PC to control the camera if you
have the appropriate software and drivers.