Photoshop problem - why?

Reaction score
Hi, been having a problem with Photoshop CS 4 since I upgraded my M/B and CPU. I'm finding that if I've got more than 4 or 5 images opened, every action seems to take a while to be undertaken, ie., selecting the image, zooming in using scroll wheel, etc. My system is ASUS M4A78LT-M motherboard, AMD Athlon 2 (x4) 645 cpu, 4GB ram, Win XP. According to all and sundry it should be flying along!!!!
I don't quite understand this, but, in Photoshop under Preferences>Performance>Memory Usage, it states, Available RAM - 1683MB, with Ideal Range at 926 - 1212MB, and Let Photoshop Use - 1195MB. Why available RAM only 1683MB? Is this my problem?
Any advice would be very welcome.
Mike

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Which operating system are you using? I'm assuming it's a version of Windows?

If so, when you changed your motherboard & CPU (and presumably your RAM) did you wipe your main hard drive and do a fresh installation of Windows and CS4?

Reaction score
Yes Win XP SP3 Professional, new RAM, and 2 new Sata 500GB hard drives. Fresh install of Windows and Photoshop...and all other software.

Ask a Question