Photo Gallery looses format in Design view mode

G

I created several photo galleries and just recently they have lost their formatting. They display properly in view mode but when in design mode they have lost all semblane of the original photogallery. The captions are all listed seperately as well as the photos. It displays properly on my site but now I cannot add or edit the gallery

Damn software has a mind of its own!

E

E. T. Culling

Read two tutorials that have been posted recently in previous posts about
this very quirky component. You may want to choose another slide show
option.

G

Elanor,

Could you point me to the tutorials and what would you recommend as an alternative. These photo galleries are one of the main reasons I purchased this software and seemed to work fine until recently.

Rich

E

E. T. Culling

Another suggestion:
Jasc's Photo Album program does offer slide show possibilities. I recently
went to a Digital Days workshop put on by SONY and Jasc and was pleasently
surprised at the capabilities of this 'album' program ... a challenge to
Ulead's Photo Explorer which I have been sold on for years!
Eleanor

G

Elanor

Thank you so much for your advice. I did find your recent posting and spent some time on your site reading through your advice. Yesterday I downloaded the trial copy of Paint Shop pro and love the autocorrect function for digital photos. I'm not a photographer so many of the subtle nuances are totally wasted on me but I massaged a couple of my existing images and was impressed with the results

So if you had to choose between Photo Album and Ulead's Photo Explorer which would it be. Ease of use and simplicity are the key attributes for me, I'm an antique conservator and furniture restoration geek not a good webmaster. Displaying completed project photos and work in progress to demostrate our capabilities is the primary use of my website so the photo gallery function is very important

Rich Patno
Wooden Restorations

Ask a Question