Peripheral failures

G

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-NVR23 laptop. By itself it works great. There are 3 USB ports. On occasion, when I have peripherals plugged into the laptop they will stop working. It doesn't matter if it is a printer, a palm or a mouse.....all three ports will stop working and just freeze. For instance, my mouse will stop working but I can still move the cursor around using the finger pad and jog dial navigator. If I check the system, it shows that all three USB ports are working normally. The only way to get the USB ports to start again is if I shut down and restart. I am looking for any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it. Thanks

N

nkjg

If you have the recovery CDs that came with your laptop,
you can uninstall the drivers for your USB ports and then
reinstall them. This might solve the problem.

Hope this helps,

Nick
(e-mail address removed)

-----Original Message-----
I have a Sony Vaio PCG-NVR23 laptop. By itself it works
great. There are 3 USB ports. On occasion, when I have
peripherals plugged into the laptop they will stop
working. It doesn't matter if it is a printer, a palm or
a mouse.....all three ports will stop working and just
freeze. For instance, my mouse will stop working but I
can still move the cursor around using the finger pad and
jog dial navigator. If I check the system, it shows that
all three USB ports are working normally. The only way
to get the USB ports to start again is if I shut down and
restart. I am looking for any ideas on what the problem
could be and how to fix it. Thanks

G

Contact the vendor for the latest driver

----- Robert wrote: ----

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-NVR23 laptop. By itself it works great. There are 3 USB ports. On occasion, when I have peripherals plugged into the laptop they will stop working. It doesn't matter if it is a printer, a palm or a mouse.....all three ports will stop working and just freeze. For instance, my mouse will stop working but I can still move the cursor around using the finger pad and jog dial navigator. If I check the system, it shows that all three USB ports are working normally. The only way to get the USB ports to start again is if I shut down and restart. I am looking for any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it. Thanks

Ask a Question