Pendrive Problem

Reaction score
I have a 512MB Pendrive Compact that I cannot seem to access the Main Partition, The Pen Drive has 2 Partitions one of them being a Floppy partition. When trying to access the large Partition of the Pendrive it says that the is no disk in drive E:! Has anyone encounted this problem before? If so how can I access this Partition.
I have tried formatting the Drive but it also asks me to Insert disk.

Reaction score
im thinking of two options here please go in chronogical order :

m presuming that u have got windows xp? if so go to start......control panel.........system.........then the device manager tag..........now on this screen look very carefully do u see your drive on there

you maywell need to click on to find your drive. im thinking your drivers may not be installed or need to be updated. if this were to be the case , there will be a yellow exclamation mark next to your drive...

do this and tell us what u find........

now second option u were saying u were trying to format it? well how did u format it? just by right clicking and then format?
well presumin you are on windows xp again u need to go to a tool called computer management. now this in windows xp is located in the control panel. so start.control panel..........then administrative tools...in here go to computer management............then storage and disk management........

find |YOUR DRIVE MAKE SURE U DONT SELECT ANOTHER DRIVE BE CAREFUL. now right click this. there maywell be an option to open your drive.im hoping u havent got any data on there. if u have not got any data just format the drive by right clicking and select format.

try these two options and let us know how it works

Reaction score
dim,

just go to device manager right click the drive and click uninstall, disconnect the drive, reboot, then reconnect and it should be fine.

the drivers on these pen drives tend to become corrupt quite easily due to the constant connecting and disconnecting,

the above should sort it.

;)

james

Reaction score
Hi All,
Already tried all of the above to no avail. The Pendrive does not even show up in the disk manager in XP, I have also tried the Pendrive in 2 Win2000 PC's and guess what! same problem. I managed to get a hold of someone t pendrive support and the tech says that i will have to use the Disk that came with the Pendrive to reset it, But the only problem with doing this is I do not have the disk no more because one of my kids took to it with a Scewdriver.
I have tried to download software from pendrive.com but they do not seem to post anything on there website that will reset the Pendrive. The only thing I can think is the reason that i cannot access the Pendrive is that the password that I set on it in its Security AP has locked the pendrive and when I have formatted the drive I have wipped out the Security AP so I cannot unlock it. Question: Does anybody out there have the Security AP Program the can send it to me to try this out? The Pendrive is a "PENDRIVE brand"

Cheers,
dim

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: Pendrive Problem - solution

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem.

Took me ages to work out...as there is no reset program on any of the supplied software with this drive.

I did find out that under XP the drive wasn't mounted....and followed this red herring for a long time.

Finally found out that I had used a supplied program to lock the device. (This only locks the "hard drive" part, not the "Floppy" part.

The program you need is UPDV22.exe

I found another version of this at www.pendriveusa.com/downloads.asp called software_Spendrive2.EXE

Trouble is....it needs the password you originally used to lock the device. If you cant rememeber it...entering the wrong password 6 times will unlock the device but alos format the hard drive part.

Hope this helps.

See ya....

Reaction score
Pendrive ( flash disk) issue

Dear ALL

i have 256 Mb generic pendrive. it was working properly but this morning when i try to use it, i have an error message " the disk in drive is not formatted". how to repair it?
how to get my datas from that drive?

pls help

best regards
Niala

Reaction score
HI,
My pen drive is listed in device manager, but is not listed in my computer along with other drives. so i can not use the drive. The icon of pen drive does not come up in My computer along with CD icon and floppy icon. Please Help

Reaction score
helo i got this 16gb pendrive.. its speed is 3mb/s at start but after 5 mins or so it goes upto 30m/s could any1 tell me wats going on.. i really dont want to wait evrytime untl it gets to 30 its really annoying

Ask a Question