pen drive issue

Reaction score
Dear ALL

i have 256 Mb generic pendrive. it was working properly but this morning when i try to use it, i have an error message " the disk in drive is not formatted". how to repair it?
how to get my datas from that drive?

pls help

best regards
Niala

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You cannot "repair" them ... try a different USB port ... if it happens in all ports you have a knackard driver.

Sorry. :(

Reaction score
hi Muckshifteri try on all port, also on another machine but its the same message.
there is no other way to restore datas from it?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
niala said:
hi Muckshifteri try on all port, also on another machine but its the same message.
there is no other way to restore datas from it?
If it cannot be seen, then you are out of luck.

Sorry. :(

If the 'data' is priceless to you then you may wan't to try a "data recovery" company such as Disklabs ... they ain't cheap.

:(

Reaction score
pen drire issue

Have you tried it on another PC? Could be a problem with your USB ports?

Reaction score
USB Data Recovery!!

I had the same thing happened to me few months ago, my USB pen drive was showing as unformatted each time I connect to my PC, I have ended with sending it to a data recovery company called (Data Recovery Direct) , their quote was the cheapest among all but still cost me about £120! www.drduk.com

Reaction score
I try to back-up all data even that on removable storage, if it's critical data i do it daily. Mainly as when my PC was new it had a habit of crashing daily, so i got used to doing it.

Ask a Question