PCR Guy Fawkes Party

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Who's going to volunteer to light the blue touch-papers.... and should I have run this past 'elf and safety first? :D

[Youtube]sPRbH03Mn48[/Youtube]

Bonfire food anyone...?

8000_MEDIUM-1.jpg
BonfireNightBurger.gif
10789.jpg
beer-toast.gif
d1svpqnd2hp2zkbcubj3.jpg
chocgingerbread2.jpg

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I am up for the food, but personaly I would have the fire works banned. My poor dog is sat next to me quivering like mad, and god only knows where the cat is hiding :(:(:(:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sausages!

I have just returned from watching the display on Blackheath, brill as usual, and a few pints down the Cutty.

Talking of the Cutty Sark, the boat not the pub, walked past it on the way home tonight and noticed the front of it is now uncovered after restoration work and it's looking, partly at least, back to it's old self. I'll take a few pix shortly and post 'em.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
:thumb: now I'm hungry ... again :lol:

Just been listening to the bangs round here, not as many as I was expecting, hopefully they all at the 'round table' doo at Vic park. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What i was up to last night! :D

DLnpN.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
They look like seriously good fun :D

Me mate Roy had something like that, went on forever, it was called a cake, cos it was round I suppose. Let it off outside the pub wiv loads of rockets as well.

Reaction score
Our cat is deaf hence she enjoyed last night.:lol:
The local Rugby Club had a good display as usual.
So watched from the warmth of the house whilst crunching away.:thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Wow V_R...!! You must have had quite a display with that lot. :D

There was a big display at the castle - not far from here, so we could hear the whizzes and bangs - plus a few private firework parties going on. All four cats were very laid-back and unperturbed though, they didn't seem to be at all bothered. :thumb:

@ Evan... I hope your dog has calmed-down now and is not still feeling upset, also hope your cat turned-up and is okay. :nod:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
@ Evan... I hope your dog has calmed-down now and is not still feeling upset, also hope your cat turned-up and is okay. :nod:

He is ok'ish now thanks. Had to go to the vet at the PDSA to get a little tablet to calm his nerves a bit. Fireworks around here willprobably carry on for another week. Ah the cats ok, she hear's the clink of her food bowl and suddenly appears :D:D:D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
He is ok'ish now thanks. Had to go to the vet at the PDSA to get a little tablet to calm his nerves a bit. Fireworks around here willprobably carry on for another week. Ah the cats ok, she hear's the clink of her food bowl and suddenly appears :D:D:D
Aww, poor lad. :( Just wondering if you've ever thought of giving something like "Adaptil" a try? (It's a plug-in diffuser thingy, which looks a bit like an air-freshener, only humans don't actually smell anything)

The idea is that it releases pheromones, which your dog can detect, and they have a calming effect.

We occasionally use a similar product for our cats (it's called Feliway.) We don't need to use it ALL the time, of course, only at stressful times; such as when we're introducing a new one into the fold. Our vet always has them in use at his surgery too. Most cats seem to respond well to it and, even the nervous ones usually become more settled.

Neither the dog or cat product is cheap (about £14) - but it lasts for about a month (longer if only used occasionally) and cheaper refills are available.

Just a thought. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
wow lots of fun

I haven't done fireworks for years wish I had this year though

how much you spend?

It was about 160-170 quids worth, between 5 of us. But did a deal with the guy in the shop, we had a packet of Air Hawk Rockets too. Which aint in the pic, they were epic! :D

All in it was £150.

Its all Brothers Pyrotechnics stuff. From here...

http://www.lowpricefireworks.co.uk/index.lasso

The rockets aren't ion the site, but heres a vid of then, i think the pack was a tenner? For 6 of them, that is immense value. :)

Vendetta (on the right in the pic) Was good too.... Vid doesn't do it justice but you get the idea. :)

Here Hercules, our finale. (the big one in the pic) Which was bloody great!

EDIT:

We had an Airboss II last year which i think was the best i've seen so far....

Ask a Question