PCI-E query.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I got a mobo that has a PCI-E X 16 slot but in the manual it says that it runs at x8 will this have a big impact on playing games as opposed to a slot running at x16 ?

:confused:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

No I ain't going crossfire. Here is what the manual says.

:)

Attachments

• 2008-10-26_155611.png
    2008-10-26_155611.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 184

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah fair one, from what i've read say x16 is 100% then x8 is more like 75-80%.

I don't even know it is x8 and x16 as its actually the amount of bandwidth it can squeeze the info across at, like the bandwidth on the graphics card.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta W_F I only have a vague idea about this sort of stuff. It ain't critical as the lass dosen't do a great deal of gaming with newer titles. Just wanted to know out of interest.

:wave:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
The "slot" is a compatible PCI-E 16, meaning you can put a pci-e 16 card in there ... the motherboard, however, being an Exceptionally Crap System, only saw fit to equip it with an inferior MCP.

itsme will say, "I have no problems" ... I too never had a problem with ECS, especially as I only ever bought one MB off them. ;)

:wave:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yeah I know its a cheap board, only went for it as it had the copy of XP in the bundle.

Understand the "can use a PCI-E card in the slot". Just wanteed to know how it would affect gaming real time. Thats on slightly older titles say for example Half Life , Max Payne, The Sims. Will it even be noticable real time.

user.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. found an excellent review of this board at Hardwaresecrets. The on board graphics are not too bad but nowt to shout about. Suprisingly with a decent card the gaming results are pretty darn good for a cheapy board.. This will be just fine for the lass till she can afford to upgrade.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/411/5

happywave.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Yeah cheap doesn't mean crap anymore, everything is just as un/reliable as everything else, if you don't need the frills then don't get em.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Yeah cheap doesn't mean crap anymore, everything is just as un/reliable as everything else, if you don't need the frills then don't get em.

Cheap sure don't mean cr*p...I bought a pair of Primark jeans for £5.99 about 6 years ago and still wear them..Missus bought some Prada/gucci water jeans for near £300 4 months ago and they are ready for the bin..

Ask a Question