PC runs really slow on "Loading personal settings"

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a problem with a Lenovo laptop whereas it is running extremely slow when booting into Windows, it seems to be taking it's time on the "loading personal settings" part of log on. I have been into MSCONFIG and i have disabled all start-up items and i have also disabled a number of services. This has had no effect. I also tried creating a new user profile to see if the profile was corrupt but that behaves in the same way?

Any advice?

Thanks

Graham

Reaction score
I've actually solved this problem. The problem was actaully that a start-up service that had been disabled needed to be enabled. It boots up fine now.

Thanks

Graham

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That was a quick solution, I'm glad you solved this and your other problem :D (And even better that you reported it back to help others :)).

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
hah, i was about to suggest a generic upgrade. (MORE RAM PLEAZE!)

well done

Reaction score
Thinkvantage Access Connections is the culprit

I too had slow logins with brand new Lenovo 3000s. I removed Thinkvantage Access Connections in add/remove programs, that cured it completely. It also solved a problem I was having on logout, a program called lpmanagerwindow refused to terminate gracefully.

Reaction score
Graham_Comtek said:
I've actually solved this problem. The problem was actaully that a start-up service that had been disabled needed to be enabled. It boots up fine now.

Thanks

Graham

Yes... yes... yes... which service?

Ask a Question