PC crashes when playing any Games for Windows games

Reaction score
I have been suffering from games crashing and stalling when playing any Games for Windows games. I can play GRAW 2 fine but when i play Race Driver GRID or Crysis for 10 - 30 mins the games crash and the sound stutters. My spec seems fine for the games and I am unsure as to what the problem is. Can anyone direct me as to what the problem may be?

I am running on:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Dual Core CPU
ASUS M2N SLI Motherboard
Inno3d 8800GT 512MB
2 x Kingston 1GB DDR2 RAM
Casecom 500W PSU

Reaction score
Ok, please try a fresh install with these drivers here. These are beta drivers this mines they are still being tested but I have had no problems with them and other people on other fourms say they are ok to. Please note to remove all your current drivers for you GFX Card first please remove them through add and remove programs and then run this tool to make sure that all the traces have gone and then install the ones I listed above and see if that corrects the issue. Are you using the latest sound drivers aswell?

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Wiz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds as if your computer could be overheating.

On your motherboard CD, under 'Utilities', is a piece of software named 'PC Probe'. Install that, open it and let us know what your CPU and Motherboard temperatures are after running either of those games for at least ten minutes.

Your CPU temp wants to be 50C or below. Anything above may make your system unstable.

Latest sound drivers for your board were published 31-08-07 and are available from Here if you think that may help.

I have the M2N-sli Deluxe with a 6400+ 3.2Ghz running stock and my CPU temp is 48C idle. I'm using a Noctua tower cooler with two x 120mm fans and just the one 120mm case fan. It's very quiet.

If I add another 120mm case fan temp lowers to 40C but I like the quiet.

Make sure your motherboard is the M2N-sli and not the M2N-sli Deluxe before loading the sound drivers.

Reaction score
problem is still happening. this is what the screen looks like when it crashes
DSC_0186.jpg

Reaction score
Hi,

I would do what Flops says in his post and see if that resolves it. This looks to me like a Graphics problem. Have you also tried lowering the settings for the game to see if works? download a program called CCleaner this will clean all your systems internet cash files, system temp files and also clean the registry. Is your GFX card clean of any dust in the fans?

Last edited:
Reaction score
i have done what flops suggested but i am still having problems could it be the gfx card is crashing?

Reaction score
vexedben said:
i have done what flops suggested but i am still having problems could it be the gfx card is crashing?

Take the card out and check that all the transistors are still intact and none of then have leaked acid, if they have then the card is faulty and needs to be sent back for a replacement. What temps are you getting?

Last edited:

Ask a Question