ChrisJ9876

From: "Altar" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 11/24/2003 11:47 AM Eastern Standard Time

Hi,

I have a old notebook Toshiba Satellite 1640CDT, with PC Card Type II and PC
Card Type III expansion Slot.

Does the wireless NETGEAR WG511 card work in my computer ? it says that I
must have 32-bit CardBus slot.

Thanks in advance

Based on my 2 laptops (Toshiba & IBM) if it's 1998 or newer vintage, then in
all likelyhood it is CardBus.
Go to Device Manager, click on the plus sign next to PCMCIA socket, and the
items under that should tell you.

Altar

ChrisJ9876 said:
Based on my 2 laptops (Toshiba & IBM) if it's 1998 or newer vintage, then in
all likelyhood it is CardBus.
Go to Device Manager, click on the plus sign next to PCMCIA socket, and the
items under that should tell you.

Thanks Chris

I did that and I have the Cardbus controllers from Texas Instruments, I
suppose that should be PCMCIA 32-bits

ChrisJ9876

From: "Altar" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 11/25/2003 8:20 AM Eastern Standard Time

Thanks Chris

I did that and I have the Cardbus controllers from Texas Instruments, I
suppose that should be PCMCIA 32-bits

Yup, that's what I have. CardBus is 32 bits, even tho it doesn't explicitly say
so.