Word Pasting Object into Protected MS Word Form

Reaction score
I have recently created a MS Word IT Request Form. Various fields are present in the form for the user to enter data. The issue that I am trying to solve is pasting screen shots into the form. Over the last few years I have finally persuaded the users to take screen shots of error messages when one appears. I have them hold down the "Alt" key and then press the "Print Screen" key which places the active window into the buffer. What do I need to do to allow the user to paste that screen shot into a MS Word protected form?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Reaction score
The very next thing they paste now will be that print screen. If right clicking in the desired field does not work try the keyboard short cut for 'paste'-- [ Ctrl ] + [v]

Reaction score
Raje,

Thank you for the reply. I had already tried the the normal "Paste" command. The results using either the Icon, "CTRL + V", or right clicking and selecting "Paste" is that the field is reduced to what appears to be a single character with no image contained within it.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
The only other suggestion i could add would be to save the images somewhere and while in MS Word, at the top go...

INSERT > PICTURE > FROM FILE (and select the location of the required image to insert).

Wroth a shot!

Reaction score
Canes,

When the document is protected, those menu items are grayed out.

Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Damn, like i said "worth a shot".

Apart from Pasting like previously suggested i can't really think of any other way.

Ask a Question