passwords

Home networking : The pro that i have is passwording my
network so others on my network has to use a password to
logon to my puter from there puter that is on my network
three puters have xp home and our computers are on 24/7
because we have Mcafee SecurityCenter online what i am
trying to find out is when my kids get on my wifes puter
and thay go to my network places in exployer and click on
my puter it will pop up with a password screen ( logon
screen) with it on password that i can set

we have (dsl) d-link dss-5+ 10/100 ethernet switch and
Zyxel Prestige 645 ADSL Router and the ethernet cards are
builted into the mother boards

Bobby Mikkelson {MSFT}

Hello anonymous,

It sounds like your computer is doing exactly what you told it to do. If
you want to give your kids access to things on your computer you can either
place those items (assuming these items are files or links) into a folder
and then sharing the folder. One other option is to create user accounts on
your computer and making the name and password the same as on their
computer. This should authenticate the user when he attempts to go to your
computer.
Hope this helps
Thank You

Bobby Mikkelson MCSE,MCP
Microsoft Consumer Support Engineer

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.