password expired

K. Hepburn

My department has recently been handed two W2K machines, both allegedly
working elsewhere. I have been desginated the 'computer expert' and am
stuck with supporting them.

Machine #1 posts a message stating that the password has expired and
must be changed. In order to do this, we must enter the old password.
The old password does not work. It worked on Wednesday, and has _not_
been changed; for one thing, the machine is still asking us to change
the password. Is there any way of getting into the system short of
booting on a floppy and reformatting the drive?

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Asked and answered daily. Check the many posts in this
newsgroup with "password" in the Subject line.

K. Hepburn

Pegasus \(MVP\) said:
Asked and answered daily. Check the many posts in this
newsgroup with "password" in the Subject line.

Already did that. Only one is even close to what I need:

I had already tried two of the suggested methods (the first two) before
coming to ask for assistence. I'll try the others, but I'd certainly
like any other suggestions.

Pegasus \(MVP\)

The one you mention is so comprehensive that it will
meet all of your requirements - no need at all to start
a new thread in this busy newsgroup!