Passport Problems???

Reaction score
Applied for a new passport & used the post offices check & send plus secure delivery.
Was told that the wait was on average 3-6 weeks, but some in the press had said longer.
And with the current backlog at the passport office was expecting it to take up to 12 weeks.

Just got my new passport delivered securely this morning and it took 3 week from them receiving it to me getting it back!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You should never rely on what the 'press' say ... I would imagine the PO, who deal with passports every day, would give you an accurate answer ... hey! what do you know, they, the Post Office, were right!

:user:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
So, why you leaving the country then? :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I paid the extra, made an appointment and waited the 4 hours for my new passport a few years back.:thumb:

Reaction score
Was there a charge for this?
£8.75 for Check & Send and £3 for secure delivery of new Passport.
Once the Post Office check it it gets sent priority mail and is normally with Passport Office the next day.
Also it is less likely to get rejected for any infringements as it has been checked already.
Also it gives you a timescale of 3-6 weeks return of your new passport.
Well worth the extra cost imo.:thumb:

Reaction score
Check and send used to be £5.

I refused to pay it. Robbin barstewards

Oh I sent mine recorded first class,signed for. It still got there no problems and got the text informing me so

Reaction score
Just to let you know I got my Passport back this morning. Less than 3 weeks

I got a text at 10am informing me it was in the process of being printed and I should receive it back within 3 days

30 mins later it had been posted through he letter box. Now that's service for ya ;)

Ask a Question