Parental advice

Reaction score
Hmmm I know probably not really the correct place to ask however ive been here quite a few years now and although I have not met any of you we do have a quit tight little community so here goes;

Simple question and please feel free to inbox me if you do not want to discuss it openly

My Son, I adore him you all know that!
He's in school For the past few weeks he has been asking me to collect him from class. I have asked his mother she simply replies "we have a routine, leave it another 18month's"

I'm like wtf!!

I am currently unemployed at present so collecting him from school as his wish is not problem. As it is I collect him - Usually from her fiance at 1pm. The drive is 1 hour long so it's 2pm by time i get back...Day gone!

I practically drive past the school on the way to her house so it's not really a problem to get him per his wish..It is for her. Her excuse " He needs to get changed and have his dinner before you come for him"

Am I not capable of changing and feeding my son at 12oc on a friday afternoon in comparison of doing it every other time from when he was born...

Now i'm really not sure where to go now apart from asking her and if still no luck contacting the school and making sure they know who I am. I do not believe she has told them and this is the reason why she does not want me near the school. Issue's are this again could cause problems.

Any suggestions?

Steve

Reaction score
Because i'm his daddy I guess :)

Because when he is with me, he is with only me and not sharing me with 3 other children fighting for attention

But I suppose mainly because I love him too bits :D

he's only 3+3months so he can't explain properly yet

He just says "Because I want you too daddy"

Reaction score
No one has any guiding advice then?

I knw its a tricky subject just though someone else may have gone though the same experience

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could try gently pointing out that the child is having an extra hours journey, not that you are having the extra journey time. Also you could suggest that you meet whoever collects the child now at the school for a handover for a while, your x might have concerns that you may not turn up etc, folk can have unbiased fears when new to parenting.

:)

Reaction score
Its not an extra hour its same time regardless

Well actually if i picked him up it would be 5mins or so less

I would turn up she knows that and if anything prevented me from doing so I would contact her Or her mother to tell them I had broken down or whatever

I think she is just being awkward tbh

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Its not an extra hour its same time regardless

Well actually if i picked him up it would be 5mins or so less

I would turn up she knows that and if anything prevented me from doing so I would contact her Or her mother to tell them I had broken down or whatever

I think she is just being awkward tbh

I would have thought that being picked up by either parent would be acceptable. Even if it does suit you better to pick your baby up earlier, where's the harm. You may be right in assuming she's just being awkward.
The only advice i can give at this time(no kids, but have ex's) is to be careful you don't pi** her off and maybe turn her against you seeing the child altogether.

Ask a Question