Parallel Port Driver Service Error

Valentin

I wish I could disable this Service but I can't find it.
At every bootup I get this message in Event Viewer/Windows Logs/System:

Error: Service Control Manager-Event ID 700
"The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following
error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

And also 2 Warnings:
Warning: SpoolerWin32SPL - Service Control Manager - Event ID 4
"The print spooler failed to reopen an existing printer connection because
it could not read the configuration information from the registry key
S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections. The print spooler could not open the registry
key. This can occur if the registry key is corrupt or missing, or if the
registry recently became unavailable".
TThese messages appear on my notebook:
Toshiba Satellite A205 Notebook
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T525 @ 1.50 GHz 1.50 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2038 MB
System type: 32-bit Operating System

There are 3 Network printers associated with this notebook and all 3 perform
normally:
Samsung ML-2510 Series (USB printer on A-Computer)
Canon i960 (USB printer on A-Computer)
HP DeskJet 520 (USB printer on B-Computer)

Any help on how to remove the error messages will be appreciated.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
It sounds like the registry entry is corrupted.
What is in on that registry entry?
Ren Regedit
Navigate to
HKEY_Users\S-1-5-18\printers\connections
Right click and choose to export as a txt file
Open the txt file and post the output in the reply.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello,
It sounds like the registry entry is corrupted.
What is in on that registry entry?
Ren Regedit
Navigate to
HKEY_Users\S-1-5-18\printers\connections
Right click and choose to export as a txt file
Open the txt file and post the output in the reply.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hi Darrell,
I'm afraid you're right: there _is_ something wrong in the Registry. Here's
what I'm getting(no "connections" entry):
Key Name: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Printers
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 11/2/2006 - 9:04 AM

Key Name: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Printers\DevModePerUser
Class Name: <NO CLASS>
Last Write Time: 11/2/2006 - 9:04 AM
The interesting part about it is that even the second 'wireless' notebook
(#2) on the home network has the same entry, even though I didn't dare make
any changes in it.
I did screw around with notebook's #1 registry to the point where it became
necessary to use the recovery CD to start from scratch. This is why I was
unpleasantly surprised that I'm still having the same error messages as
before the reformat.
Originally I was blaming my problems on the fact that I have installed
Samsung printer program (later uninstalled), but now?
This raises one important theoretical question: can the computer "A" where
the USB Samsung printer is attached, actually change Registry values on
wireless notebooks?