Paragraph sign

Hi! My daughter played with my microsoft word today and now I can not write a
letter because every time I write a sentence dots appear in between my words
in the middle and a paragraph sign at the end of my sentences. Please help!
Thank You!

IT'S GONE!
Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!!
I am very greatful! I tried and tried and nothing worked !
You are a star!!!
:)

Suzanne S. Barnhill

Yup, I can't work without NPC and text boundaries displayed. Without them,
you might as well be editing in Print Preview.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

all may benefit.

JoAnn Paules said:
I have that turned on my system on purpose.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

kriton said:
IT'S GONE!
Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!!
I am very greatful! I tried and tried and nothing worked !
You are a star!!!
:)

TF

You should work with these on anyway: how can you what you are doing without
displaying the non-printing characters?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: IT'S GONE!
: Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!!
: I am very greatful! I tried and tried and nothing worked !
: You are a star!!!
::)
:
: "Anne Troy" wrote:
:
: > Try this, kriton:
: >
http://www.officearticles.com/word/show-hide_button_in_microsoft_word.htm
: > *******************
: > ~Anne Troy
: >
: > www.OfficeArticles.com
: > www.MyExpertsOnline.com
: >
: >
: > : > > Hi! My daughter played with my microsoft word today and now I can not
: > write a
: > > letter because every time I write a sentence dots appear in between my
: > words
: > > in the middle and a paragraph sign at the end of my sentences. Please
: > help!
: > > Thank You!
: >
: >
: >

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know that there are lots of others
who couldn't work without seeing their NPC.

Anne Troy

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

TF said:
You should work with these on anyway: how can you what you are doing
without
displaying the non-printing characters?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: IT'S GONE!
: Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!!
: I am very greatful! I tried and tried and nothing worked !
: You are a star!!!
::)
:
: "Anne Troy" wrote:
:
: > Try this, kriton:
: >
[...]

Brod

All you have to do kriton is click on the icon on your STANDARD toolbar to
toggle it on and off. The marks do not print and it is an invaluable tool
to tell you how your document is configured. It shows paragraphs, spaces
between words, broken paragraphs and tab marks inter alia.

Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:
I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know that there are lots of
others who couldn't work without seeing their NPC.

Is there another way to be productive, then?

Multiple spaces to create columns: just say NO!

Stephen Larivee

I find both modes useful. When I type a document, or when I edit one of my
own docuements, I have the Show/Hide feature turned off. I find it displays
many characters I don't need to see and they just get in the way.

When I need to edit something I have been sent, or something I have
downloaded, I find the Show/Hide left on is invaluable to see how the
document was done and therefore what I need to do to get it the way I want.

TF

JoAnn

In my Word, right alongside the Pilcro button is a custom button for
toggling DisplayTextBoundaries. As with non-printing characters, just
occasionally I like the boudaries off - but mostly they are both on. I keep
telling the guys at work that they won't inadvertently delete an important
section break if they keep the NPCs on, but will they listen. And guess who
has to sort out the tangle of H&Fs after they have done the dirty!

Terry

:I can't tell you how wonderful it is to know that there are lots of others
: who couldn't work without seeing their NPC.
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > You should work with these on anyway: how can you what you are doing
: > without
: > displaying the non-printing characters?
: >
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > : IT'S GONE!
: > : Thank You!Thank You!Thank You!!
: > : I am very greatful! I tried and tried and nothing worked !
: > : You are a star!!!
: > ::)
: > :
: > : "Anne Troy" wrote:
: > :
: > : > Try this, kriton:
: > : >
: >
http://www.officearticles.com/word/show-hide_button_in_microsoft_word.htm
: > : > *******************
: > : > ~Anne Troy
: > : >
: > : > www.OfficeArticles.com
: > : > www.MyExpertsOnline.com
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > : > : > > Hi! My daughter played with my microsoft word today and now I can
: > not
: > : > write a
: > : > > letter because every time I write a sentence dots appear in
between
: > my
: > : > words
: > : > > in the middle and a paragraph sign at the end of my sentences.
: > Please
: > : > help!
: > : > > Thank You!
: > : >