Strange writing [ maybe mouse? ] issue

Reaction score
Hello
I have a very strange problem , when i type sentences they get deleted.. a more detailed explanation is i can type " hello how are you " and 1 time it be fine, next i cud type " hello how are y " and as soon as i type one letter [ y ] for example the whole sentence disappears and erases. Its extremaly annoying!!!! :mad:

Also when typing my mouse ' I ' cursor [ while typing ] will randomly go back into the sentence so i find myself adding letters/words to the middle of the paragraph.

And also when im in a program talking to someone [ Skype for example ] while typing the page will tab me out so i cud be talking in the chat box then next min it has the " call a number " screen or " find contacts " page up and i find myself finishing what i was writing into the number/find contact search box..

I have seen that "Also when typing my mouse ' I ' cursor [ while typing ] will randomly go back into the sentence so i find myself adding letters/words to the middle of the paragraph. " - could be due to over sensitive mouse pad, but in mouse options there is no open for the touch pad .. Only option i know being Fn - f7 ..

But for the other two problems i have no idea what so ever as to why its happening and it is really annoying me :( , writing a long paragraph then it just erasing is just.. not good.. as you can imagine :) Any help or info on what this could be would be awesome :) :thumb: :confused:

Pc info : Emachines E442
Thank you

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
my first reaction was ... why are you using a mouse to type ... I would be to replacing the batteries in my keyboard, however, you are using a Laptop, although that answer may still apply, but, would suggest maybe a faulty keyboard membrain?

I think you are on the right track with disabling the touchpad while typing ...

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-disable-the-touchpad-while-you-are-typing/

... not sure the key combinations Fn - F7 is correct?

Some laptops don’t have dedicated buttons but you can use Function keys (like Fn + F5 on Dell computers) to toggle the state of your touch pad. In the case of HP laptops, you can hold the top-left corner of the touchpad for few seconds and it will disable the touch pad - repeat this to re-activate it.

The touch pad can also be disabled through the device manager. Type devmgmt.msc in the Windows Run box to start the device manager, expand “Mice and other Pointing devices”, right-click and disable the driver entry that says Touch pad or likewise.
http://www.labnol.org/software/disable-touchpad-on-laptop/14052/

Welcome to PCReview.

:user:

Ask a Question