"Page Cannot Be Displayed" EXCEPT.

Ron

I have same problem asd Will.,
Please Help

Subject: "Page Cannot Be Displayed" EXCEPT...
From: "Will" <[email protected]>
Sent: 12/15/2003 2:28:21 AM

I'm getting a Page Cannot Be Displayed error message in
ALL
websites opened (or attempted to be opened) using Internet
Explorer 6 on Windows2000 Professional. The strange thing
is that the internet is still there. I can access certain
pages on my roommates computers AND I can access IRC and
AIM, as well as FTP (through FlashFXP), E-Mail (via
Outlook) and even the very same internet sites if I use
another browser, like Opera! I have uninstalled and
reinstalled the service pack for IE6, that didn't help. I
have reset the defaults for all the settings, and that
hasn't helped either. Please help!
..

hi ron,

follow these steps:

delete temperory internet files & cookies by going to...IE-->tools-->internet option

Resetting the TCP/IP Stack in Windows X

Use the following steps to reset the TCP/IP Protocol stack. This makes Internet Explorer and Internet networking behave as new installations

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open field, type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
Click OK when done.
Restart the computer and log onto the Internet to test for functionality
If the error goes away, you are finished
If the error still occurs, use the following steps to reinstall Internet Explorer:
Start the computer in Safe Mode.
Click Start, right-click My Computer, and select Properties.
Click the Hardware tab, and select the Device Manager button.
Delete all com ports and modem drivers.
Restart the computer and let Windows XP reinstall the com ports and drivers.
Make sure that you can view hidden and system files:
In any open window select Tools, Folder Options, and click the View tab.
Select Show hidden files and folders.
Remove the checkmark from Hide protected operating system files.
Click OK.
Browse to C:\Windows\inf
Right-click ie.inf and select install to re-install Internet Explorer
For more information, use MS Article Q299357 - Resetting the TCP/IP Stack (in Windows XP)

Resetting the TCP/IP Stack in Windows M
Use the following steps to reset the TCP/IP protocol stack. This makes Internet Explorer and Internet networking behave as new installations

Step 1: Check for the IcsLocalDomainName registry valu
Use the following actions to verify whether the IcsLocalDomainName value exists in the registry. This value is located in the following registry key

Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit in the Open field. Click OK to open the registry editor.
For system safety, make a backup of the registry. Click My Computer at the top of the list, click File, and then click Export.
Browse to a folder that is easy to access, like My Documents.
Type a filename that is easy to remember, like RegistryBackup.
Click Save to back up the registry. It may take up to a minute for the file to export.
Click the small plus sign (+) next to each of the following folders, in order:
HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Services
VxD
MSTCP
If the value IcsLocalDomainName does not exist under MSTCP, go to "Step 4: Removing the Winsock2 Value.
If the value IcsLocalDomainName exists under MSTCP, remove it using the next step
Step 2: Remove ICS and configure home networkin
Use the following actions to remove Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and configure home networking

Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Network, and then click Internet Connection Sharing.
Click Remove, click OK, and then click OK again.
Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
From Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs and then click the Windows Setup tab.
Click Communications, and then click Details.
Remove the checkmark next to Internet Connection Sharing, and then click OK.
Restart the computer.
Double-click My Network Places on the desktop.
Run the Home Networking Wizard from start to finish. Do not stop or cancel before finishing. Click No, this computer does not use the Internet and No, do not create a Home Networking Setup disk to avoid setting up an ISP or network adapter.
Restart the computer and continue to the next step
Step 3: Removing the IcsLocalDomainName value from the registr
Use the following actions to remove the IcsLocalDomainName value from the registry

Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit in the Open field. Click OK to open the registry editor.
Click the small plus sign (+) next to each of the following folders, in order:
HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Services
VxD
MSTCP
Click IcsLocalDomainName and press the DELETE key. Close the registry editor
Step 4: Removing the Winsock2 value from the registr
Use the following actions to delete the Winsock2 value

Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit in the Open field. Click OK to open the registry editor.
Click the small plus sign (+) next to each of the following folders, in order:
HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Services
Click WinSock2 and press the DELETE key. Close the registry editor.
Step 5: Remove Dial-up Networking
Remove Dial-up Networking as follows:

Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and click the Windows Setup tab.
Click Communications, and then click Details.
Remove the checkmark next to Dial-up Networking, if it is selected, and click OK, then click OK again. Do not restart the computer.
Step 6: Add Dial-up Networking
Add Dial-up Networking again as follows:

Click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and click the Windows Setup tab.
Click Communications, and then click Details.
Select Dial-up Networking.
Click OK, and then click OK again.
Restart the computer, and log onto the Internet. The error message should not re-appear