P5S800 problem with Leica digital camera

Reaction score
Hope someone out there can help. Thx very much in advance.

Purchased a new PC with the P5S800 mobo with Windows XP and tried installing a Leica DC-300 camera but it doesn't seem to install the driver properly. I've tried every possible way of installing the darn thing with no avail. I moved the camera over to a Dell machine that runs XP and it installed perfectly. I've also installed it on other machines using Windows 2000 without any problems. It seems like there is an issue with the mobo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused:

Pete

Reaction score
What computer & motherboard make is it?
What does happen when you install the drivers?

Reaction score
murdoch said:
What computer & motherboard make is it?
What does happen when you install the drivers?
It's an ASUS P5S800 motherboard with a 3.00 GHz processor. I'm running 1 gig of ram.
The box is from Touch Systems. For some reason I think it might have something to do with IRQ's but I'm only guessing.

It recognizes the card as being a new device but when I try installing the driver it seems to just hang in the window showing one file being copied to another. I have loaded it onto another computer that uses XP so I don't know why this one is any different other than the mobo.

Thx

Last edited:

Ask a Question