    and repair on the reinstall of Outlook. I am wondering why this has started
    to happen suddenly. There has not been anything new or different that has
    been introduced to this PC. Thank you.

    Guest, Nov 30, 2004

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    You mean the dropdown list to browse your computer hangs? Clear your History
    in Control Panel-> Internet Options...

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    www.howto-outlook.com

    Tips of the month:
    -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Nov 30, 2004

    No, that wasn't it. When I open a blank "new mail" and click on the insert
    file icon the insert file dialog box appears. I then click on the drop down
    arrow to browse my files to find the file I want to attach. This is the
    point where the system hangs and the title of the dialog box says "Insert
    File Not Responding". I cleared the history in Internet options but that
    didn't change anything. Thank you for your help. I would appreciate any
    other suggestions.

    Guest, Nov 30, 2004

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Do you've got any unreachable networklocations like disconected mapped
    network drives? These will cause such delays/hangs as well.

    Roady [MVP], Dec 1, 2004

    No. Everything is on the hard drive. I do however find that if I continue to
    click without waiting a small amount of time that I get a dialog box about
    winword.exe and ending the task. Could it be something in MS Word and not
    Outlook?

    Guest, Dec 1, 2004

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    That is because you use Word as the e-mail editor. See if it also occurs
    when you use the Open... dialog in Word and other applications and try to
    browse for files.
    Also make sure you've got al your updates installed ;-)

    Roady [MVP], Dec 2, 2004