Outlook unexpectedly closes. 2nd Posting

Andy Siegel

This is my second posting on this.

I have 180 users and one of them has this problem, but I've seen it, so I
know it's real. When she switches between mail and calendar or calendar and
mail, it frequently closes Outlook 2007.

We have reinstalled Office 2007 - didn't work. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled but that doesn't work either.

Has anyone else had this problem? What else can I do?

Andy Siegel
Dover, DE

Nancy Mac

Andy I have the same problem, so when a patch is developed I need it too. I
have tried everything from repair to reinstall. No solution yet. I wish I had
the answer....

Nancy Mac

I am trying it now. What is cleanviews?

Diane Poremsky said:
Did you try a new profile? /cleanviews?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Nancy Mac said:
Andy I have the same problem, so when a patch is developed I need it too.
have tried everything from repair to reinstall. No solution yet. I wish I
had
the answer....

Nancy Mac

Nope did not work. Next please?

Nancy Mac said:
Andy I have the same problem, so when a patch is developed I need it too.
have tried everything from repair to reinstall. No solution yet. I wish I
had
the answer....

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm - for how to use switches.
Does /safe allow it to open? Are you syncing with any devices?

--

Diane Poremsky said:
Did you try a new profile? /cleanviews?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your

:

This is my second posting on this.

I have 180 users and one of them has this problem, but I've seen it,
so I
know it's real. When she switches between mail and calendar or
calendar
and
mail, it frequently closes Outlook 2007.

We have reinstalled Office 2007 - didn't work. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled but that doesn't work either.

Has anyone else had this problem? What else can I do?

Andy Siegel
Dover, DE

Mike AKA I'm starting to hate Outlook

I'm having the same problem Outlook 2007 closes unexpectedly with no notice
that it crashed being sent to microsoft and when it is restarted it says it
needs to check for errors. To say it closes might be wrong it just disapears
when switching between mail, calander and I'm not sure what else. should pay
more attention. Created new pst and imported infor from old and still does
it. reinstalled Outlook. Still does it. It has been doing this for about a
week.

Nancy Mac said:
Andy I have the same problem, so when a patch is developed I need it too.
have tried everything from repair to reinstall. No solution yet. I wish I
had
the answer....

:

This is my second posting on this.

I have 180 users and one of them has this problem, but I've seen it, so I
know it's real. When she switches between mail and calendar or calendar
and
mail, it frequently closes Outlook 2007.

We have reinstalled Office 2007 - didn't work. I have uninstalled and
reinstalled but that doesn't work either.

Has anyone else had this problem? What else can I do?

Andy Siegel
Dover, DE

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Did you try Office Diagnostics? Does it work in /safe mode?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Mike AKA I'm starting to hate Outlook" <Mike AKA I'm starting to hate

Diane Poremsky said:
[...]

Diane, Thank you for the suggestion. When starting in safe mode it worked
fine. Turned off all add-ins and it is still working fine - at least for a
day. BTW I had run Office Diagnostics and inbox repair and retored the
Outlook program and... but safe mode worked and then turning off the add-ins
seemed to fix it. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I had very few add-ins and
all but I-tunes were from Microsoft. I'll turn on the ones I really need one
by one and see what happens. Thank you again.

Nancy Mac said:
[...]

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I had very few add-ins and
all but I-tunes were from Microsoft. I'll turn on the ones I really need
one
by one and see what happens.

iTunes is a likely suspect.