Outlook Rule - specify email address in Recipient (To, CC, or BCC

I want to specify a rule that permenently deletes any email not showing an
exact email address (a list of them) that I supply. There are too many
messages in my inbox which are apparently not actually addressed to me and I
want to exclude same.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...6d98e0193&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general

Brian Tillman

Philip Gross said:
I want to specify a rule that permenently deletes any email not
showing an exact email address (a list of them) that I supply. There
are too many messages in my inbox which are apparently not actually
addressed to me and I want to exclude same.

If they're in your Inbox, they _were_ addresses to you.

Nope, that's not what i get displayed. Here is an example"
====================================
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:23:36 -0400
From: "dane endicott" <[email protected]>
To: "Len Sommers" <[email protected]>
Subject: It is scary to check the highprices on tablets at the local store.
autolearn=no version=2.63
========================
While my email address is used internally, the display shows "Len Sommers".
Outlook should not allow that to happen. I should be able in the Rules ti
trap and delete this trick.

Brian Tillman

Philip Gross said:
Nope, that's not what i get displayed. Here is an example"
To: "Len Sommers" (e-mail address removed)

Sure looks like your address to me. The stuff in from of the address is
comments, as far as any email client is concerned and is ignored. At any
rate, the sender controls it.
While my email address is used internally, the display shows "Len
Sommers". Outlook should not allow that to happen. I should be able
in the Rules ti trap and delete this trick.

Outlook SHOULD allow it. It's defined in the RFCs that define Internet mail
as being information that the mail client is REQUIRED to ignore.