Outlook Outlook PST size maxed at 2GB

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem whereby my PST archive has reached 2GB. I am running Office 2003 Professional SP3 and believe that the size should be 20GB, or expandable to 20GB. I have been to the following page on Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832925 and it explains how to add a registry key, however I cannot see the entire tree in my registry.....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook

I can only see as far as Office, and not 11.0\Outlook, so I don't know where to add the MaxFileSize etc entries. I hve never really done any registry editing so don't know how to add a new folder etc.

Can anyone help? Or is there another way to increase the allowable size of a PST file?

Thanks

Reaction score
If the tree in registry is missing you have to create it.
If tree with soume value disabling something is missing then it means that value is enabled.

If I can give you an advice - dont let grow PST file too big, because then it make problems...

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
verify that you have the proper version as indicated on your link. sometimes that is the most common reason for a key to be missing.......in this case several subfolders.

would indicate to me that you have conflicting version information.

as for file size, i agree with koney..........large files only guarantee that you lose LOTS of info when the file becomes corrupt, which WILL happen over time and copying. more you copy, especially over network, the more possibility for corruption.

keep your files small and they are easy to manage and keep updated.

- surfer

Ask a Question