Outlook Personal Folders Backup Tool?

MDawood_Dubai

I re installed backup PST add-in several times but it keeps on disappearing
from the file pull down menu what to do please advise...I am confused with
such behaviour.
Thank you

Michael

The download page shows this tool to also apply to Outlook 2007. However, I
can't find any item called "Backup" in the File menu after installing this
tool on an Office 2007? Am I doing sth wrong?

Thanks,

Michael

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

The download page shows this tool to also apply to Outlook 2007. However, I
can't find any item called "Backup" in the File menu after installing this
tool on an Office 2007? Am I doing sth wrong?

Did you stop and restart Outlook?

Watchman220

KAli,

You seem like a good candidate for an Exchange Server. Which if you only
are using your two computers...would be overkill. Exchange allows you to
login to your computer, authenticate on a domain, and check your mail on the
server using Outlook. In this case you can even now be remote using RPC over
HTTP or (Outlook over the Internet) if you have someone or know yourself how
to configure exchange to do use this feature.

However, KAli in your case, I do not think that PFBackup is a valid option
for syncing PST's Are you using a POP3 server? Perhaps you can just tell it
to leave a copy on the server for X amount of days so you can pick it up in
both places. Then you will have local copies in both places of your
incoming mail. It will not sync your replies however.

---------
On another note.
I would like to hear about any options to automatically set PF Backup's
Default "file location" to an external location outside the local machine.
The location can be changed manually, but for large groups this is not an
effective solution to roll out and then visit each machine to change the
path.

We can not seem to find the location in the program dll's where this "File
Location" is stored. By default it takes your standard Outlook location....
C:\Documents and Setttings\Username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\filename.pst
.....which probably comes from Outlook itself. I suppose another program
that auto saves local folders (ie *.pst files) would render this PF Backup
useless if we can not figure out how to auto set the Default Backup File
Location with a server rollout.

Thanks for any input.

KEN

I am using Outlook 2002 with the backup tool. The drive on my main computer
crashed and I am trying to load the Outlook backup file onto my backup
computer from my backup disk. My saved file is 1.35GB. When I open the file
it creates a .pst file of 32.0KB. When I import the opened file it is an
empty personal folder and deleted file. Please advise.

Thanks, Ken

DL

The backup file is simply a copy of your main data file, named
backup.........
Locate the file in Documents (ensure read only attribute is off, if you used
cd/dvd to transfer)
Within Outlook, open the backup data file

KEN

Thank you for your response. That is the procedure I followed and I just
checked to verify that read only was off. After opening i end up with the
original saved fiel and the newer smaller file. When I export i get empty
folders.

zeus1901

I installed the backup tool for User A but when I switch to User B and Open
Outlook 2007 there is no Backup option in the file menu.

If I elect to install it again on the User B account it prompts me to
uninstall the backup app first.

How to get the backup option in the file menu for user B?

I'm unable to download contacts off phon

I purchased Microsoft Outlook 2007 only because I am desperate to download my
contacts from my Moto Q9C to my computer. It's not working.
Shelly

Gordon

"I'm unable to download contacts off phon" <I'm unable to download contacts
off (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
I purchased Microsoft Outlook 2007 only because I am desperate to download
my
contacts from my Moto Q9C to my computer. It's not working.
Shelly

Then you need to consult the user manual for your Moto Q9C - Outlook is a
passive component in synchronisation...

LadyBonita

I had problems with Outlook 2003 and had to reinstall. I had used the backup
tool for as long as I can remember but it was lost. I downloaded the tool,
executed the program and then opened Outlook 2003 ... BACKUP IT DOES NOT SHOW
UP UNDER "FILE" ... so I tried installing again and it says it is already
installed but removed it and reinstalled ... still no BACKUP under FILE.

HELP!!

I also lost my HTML format for messages and can not get it back.

Bonita

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I had problems with Outlook 2003 and had to reinstall. I had used the backup
tool for as long as I can remember but it was lost. I downloaded the tool,
executed the program and then opened Outlook 2003 ... BACKUP IT DOES NOT
SHOW
UP UNDER "FILE" ... so I tried installing again and it says it is already
installed but removed it and reinstalled ... still no BACKUP under FILE.

Ininstalling and reinstalling Outlook does not affect your data in any way
when done properly. You do not need to use the backup tool to recover your
data. SImply open the mail profile with the Mail applet in Control Panel and
add your existing data file to the mail profile, setting it as the default.
Start Outlook and all your mail, contacts, events, etc. will be there.

Since PFBACKUP seems to be installed already, click
Tools>Options>Other>Advanced Options>COM Add-Ins. CLick Add and browse to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Addins. Select outbak.dll and
click OK, OK, OK, and OK. Stop and restart Outlook. Do you see the Backup
menu item now?

UEngstrom, SE

You can configure Personal Folder Backup Tool to put the backup on another
drive, even to a Network Drive if you Map the drive to a letter. I´ve never
tried to put the Backup on a UNC-path, but you never know.. It might work!

//Ulv

wandong

I found a good tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. You can download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe . I think it is a useful repair tool for you. It is easy to recover your PST file by using its wizard. It is a powerful tool to recover messages, folders and other objects from corrupt or damaged Microsoft Outlook PST files.

Detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair can be found at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/

Wangdong