Outlook keeps closing

86Cutty

When I'm at a specific workstation at my job my outlook doesnt let me view my emails. I try to click on my emails to open them but when I do that, Outlook just closes. No error or anything. It just closes. Also, when I just try to look at the email by clicking on it once it still closes. Any ideas on what I can do about it?

P

Pat Willener

What version of Outlook? What account type?

What does the Event Viewer (Applications) show for the time of the
Outlook crash?

86Cutty

The version of Outlook is 2003. What do you mean what account type? And I dont know what Event Viewer is either. Sorry, I'm not that great on Outlook.

Pat Willener wrote on Thu, 08 January 2009 21:1

B

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

It's on a Exchange server...if thats what you mean.

It is. Now, click Start>Run and enter "eventvwr.exe" (without the quotes)
into the Open field and click Go. Examine the Application and System event
logs for Outlook errors.

86Cutty

tillman1952 wrote on Mon, 12 January 2009 10:4
It is. Now, click Start>Run and enter "eventvwr.exe" (without the quotes)
into the Open field and click Go. Examine the Application and System event
logs for Outlook errors.

Ok...I'm looking at the logs, but none of them say Outlook error. I see a lot of other errors though, and warnings. A couple of the warnings are from outlook as well. There are a lot of errors though. I dont know what they mean or how to fix them. :(

B

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Ok...I'm looking at the logs, but none of them say Outlook error. I see a
lot of other errors
though, and warnings. A couple of the warnings are from outlook as well.
There are a lot of
errors though. I dont know what they mean or how to fix them. :(

Post the most recent ones that mention Outlook in the details.

86Cutty

tillman1952 wrote on Wed, 14 January 2009 09:2
Post the most recent ones that mention Outlook in the details.

Well, I'm thinking that it's more than an outlook issue now. Because I cant go into the Control Panel because it does the samething as outlook and just closes. Also, when I try to open some other programs they do the samething. I still dont know what it is though. I know this is an outlook forum, but does anybody have any ideas on what it could be? I dont think it's a virus because I ran 2 different virus scanners and got nothing. maybe something wrong with the regestry, or something else?

Ask a Question