Outlook outlook images gets removed in emails' signatures

Reaction score
Hello

I have this problem with microsoft office outlook 2007. Whenever I try to set an image in the signature for the emails signature the following will happen:

I try to create a new email and then I see no image in the signature. When I come back to the signature settings, I see there is no image but a strange symbol as if the image could not be loaded properly.

Any idea to solve this?
Thanks

Reaction score
I don't know. It's just the same image that other work mates are using in office outlook 2007 as well with good results. However, whenever I try to do the same, the signature does not show up in my emails and when I go to settings again, it is not there any more.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Seemingly dumb question, just bear with me.

You applied and OK'd the settings once you created the signature?

Now to a more serious tone:

How did you get the file? I keep my signature images stored in a local folder on my machine for editing and etc. Copy and paste may not be enough. You may have to save the file to your desktop and work the signature from there.

If you save the image to your computer, and then open it, does it display? Try to copy and paste the image from there into your signature.

Reaction score
Yes Silverhazesurfer is right, copy and paste won't be enough as I faced this issue in my previous company and we had to roll out a process so that each employee saves the signature image in a local folder and insert it in the outlook signature wizard.

If you are in an organisation using a mail server (Exchange) you can save this multiplied (number of employees setting up their signature) by setting the signatures on the exchange server and save the picture there.

hope it worked!

Reaction score
Hi,

If the settings cannot be saved, this issue might be related to some corrupted settings in the current Outlook profile. Try a new Outlook profile to test the results:

Test with a new Outlook profile

==============

1. Exit Outlook.

2. Go to Start > Control Panel, click or double-click Mail.

3. Click Show Profiles. Choose Prompt for a profile to be used.

4. Click Add.

5. Type a name for the profile, and then click OK.

6. Start Outlook, and choose this new profile.

If this problem does not occur in the new Outlook profile, the old Outlook is corrupted. We can delete that and use a new Outlook profile.

Best Regards,

Ask a Question