Outlook Outlook express replies with the default account

Reaction score
I have a problem with outlook express. I have about 8 accounts set up in Outlook express. Whenever i reply it always uses the default mail account and not the email account the original message came to.

pLeAsE HeLp!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
That is the way it works. ;)

Unless someone can come up with a better idea ... change the "default" to the email address you need to use. :thumb:

:user:

Reaction score
I think if you have multiple accounts available in Outlook Express then you will get a drop-down for the "From" on any email that you send, and you can simply choose from that list.

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
That is the way it works. ;)

Unless someone can come up with a better idea ... change the "default" to the email address you need to use. :thumb:

user.gif

Of course this is NOT the way it works. On all other computers i have used in the past and computers my friends use, you always reply to an email with the same account the email came to !!!!if for example the email came to (e-mail address removed) and you press reply, the from line should be (e-mail address removed) and not (e-mail address removed) which is the default email account.

Ask a Question