Outlook Express problem

G

I suddenly can't access Outlook Express. It started after downloading the recent "Security Update - Data Access Compenents (KB832483)" on 13.1.04.
I get the usual "encountered a problem" and have sent the error report to MS.
Any clues ?

G

I've had a similar probelm recently, again after applying some XP updates...

I installed XP, all working fine, then ran Windows update and started patching up. Now I'm experienceing 2 strange and seeming ly unrelated problems:

1. In Internet Explorer the standard prefix 'HTTP//' that used to automatically get added onto and www web address I type now does not appear. ???? Yes I know I can type CTRL enter to wrap the WWW and the .COM around an address, but this I've changed nothing in Explorer, and since the patches have been applied I can't reverse it. I've even tried restoring back to the first point of installation.

2. The second problem (again, only appearing after patching up a freshly installed XP) is that on clicking My Computer I now oly get the 'searching flashlight'. My drives, hard disks etc. do appear eventually, but before applying the patches the My Computer contents sprang up instantly.

I'm now completely up to date with all Windows update patches, but I still have these 2 incredibly annoying problems. Can anyone help ?

The only other programs I have installed are NAV

HEEELLLLP.

Sly

Ask a Question