Outlook Express hanging

My laptop crashed yesterday and now when I enter outlook express it doesn't
respond. I have tried the steps in help and support and they haven't worked.
I dont get any message it just does nothing, any suggestions?

Jon

The previous comment in this thread was actually made by "shady"
My laptop crashed yesterday and now when I enter outlook express it
doesn't
respond. I have tried the steps in help and support and they haven't
worked.
I dont get any message it just does nothing, any suggestions?

Any System Restore points handy?

PA Bear

Start here: http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash

General OE Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm.

- WinXP SP2 only: Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown
your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place.

- WinXP SP2 only: If your machine is fully up-to-date at Windows Update,
installing the following patch (KB918766) will help to avoid such data loss
in the future:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=86b68a78-f325-4a95-98c2-98af2256ccc3

This patch will be included in the next Cumulative Update for Outlook
Express/WinXP SP2.

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
OE General newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)