Outlook outlook express ctrl v

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Peter, welcome to the forums :)

Are you trying to paste in to the main body when composing an e-mail? Is there an option to right click and paste?

What is it that you are trying to paste, a bit of plain text?

Reaction score
Hi Ian thank you for the welcome.this is the first time I have attempted to use a forum.Well here goes.

If I right click the Paste button is greyed out.

I spend my time stock trading using ADVFN charts.

What I did was click Prt Scrn to copy a chart to Clpbrd and then checked that it was actually on the Clpbrd.I then opened a new message window in Outlook Express and clicked the curser in the main body ( message panel) of OE.I then pressed Ctrl and v expecting the chart on the Clpbrd to be pasted into the main body of OE.But nothing turned up .

I can press Ctrl v and successfully paste the contents of the Clpbrd to other places for example Paint .

I can successfully use the OE Insert Picture radio button to paste charts into OE from Paint but this is a bit long winded.

Also Ctrl c successfully copies stuff to the Clpbrd but Ctrl v will still not paste it into OE.

Ive also tried Shift Insert without success.

My friends successfully use this technique all the time.I really feel the odd one out.

I feel sure Im missing something obvious so perhaps you might spot it.Many thanks Peter

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be that Outlook Express can't accept images via copy/paste - as to send via e-mail it would need to include the image as an attachment. I think that Outlook 2010 and Windows Live Mail can both accept pasted images, so it could be that your friends have newer versions of Outlook.

Unfortunately, it may be that saving the image as an attachment is the only way to do this with OE. Perhaps someone else with XP and OE will be able to confirm this :).

The only way I can think of that you can gain this feature for free would be to upgrade to Windows Live Mail (http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail) - it's the latest free e-mail client from Microsoft.

Reaction score
Your right .My friends are not running OE.I have now installed Windows Live Mail and its doing just what I want. Many thanks.This thread can now be concidered finished.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's great news Peter, I'm glad it's working for you now!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
petermitchell44 said:
just out of curosity what is WGC points and results
Hi Peter
WCG = World Community Grid. The PC Review Crew II team members donate unused computer time to the WCG and we earn points for the results we turn in.

The computer time is used to "crunch" projects which will help to benefit us all - such as cures for diseases like cancer, or Dengue fever - for example:
In 2003, with grid computing, in less than three months scientists identified 44 potential treatments to fight the deadly smallpox disease. Without the grid, the work would have taken more than one year to complete.
More WCG information HERE :thumb:

Reaction score
Hi Ian .Sorry to bother you.Im awaiting a reply from V R on thread P C Randomly Shutting Down.It may be that he's away on holiday but I do not know the system well enough to know what to do next. I have tried to send him a private message but it says I dont have that privalidge.Can you help or advise me .Thanks Pete

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah bugger i forgot all about that, sorry. :blush:

Ill go take a look now. :)

Ask a Question