Outlook Outlook error 623

Reaction score
I keep getting this error when I try to send/receive mail from my Outlook 2003 on my Windows 2000 Dell laptop.
At this point I can't get mail - so really need help!
Thanks

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Are you using dial-up or LAN?

PS.Can you also avoid double posting, you could have put that other thread in here as a post....

Reaction score
Outlook 623

I'm not using dial-up or VPN (I'm on my company's intranet) ... I followed a google response that pointed to the fact that this would happen if I were on dial-up or using VPN.
Can there be other reasons this is happening?

Reaction score
Doulbe posting

Double posting - appologies all This was my first time using this forum.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
pt4006 said:
I'm not using dial-up or VPN (I'm on my company's intranet) ... I followed a google response that pointed to the fact that this would happen if I were on dial-up or using VPN.
Can there be other reasons this is happening?
I assume you could access your email via your companies intranet before, and you don't need permissions?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried this? (posted by another member on the forum)

Tools-->E-Mail Account-->Click Next-->Click Change-->Click on more settings--> Select Connections Tab-->Change connection to display the following: Connect using my local area network (LAN) & (if you take your PC home regularly) tick the box to connect via modem when Outlook is offline.

Ask a Question