Outlook crashes - no explanation - pop3

B

boe

Hello,

I have a client that is running Outlook 2003 SP2 with all patches on WIndows XP SP2 with all patches. They have a high speed connection to the internet. They are connected to a yahoo pop3 account. Outlook will pop up with a windows saying outlook has crashed, send info to outlook, restart outlook after sending. It doesn't say anything specific just that outlook has crashed any anything I may have been in the middle of may be lost.

Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. (X)Restart Microsoft Office Outlook. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send us to help us improve Microsoft Office Outlook. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

I looked through the event viewer and I get these messages -
Event 1000

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module msmapi32.dll, version 11.0.8002.0, stamp 4373069d, debug? 0, fault address 0x00021e9d.

Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8010.0, stamp 43d16d53, faulting module mspst32.dll, version 11.0.8001.0, stamp 4367e4bb, debug? 0, fault address 0x00096b1e.

I'm able to open other mailboxes on the other system with no issue. I open the same mailbox on other computers they all crash with the same issue. The system I'm on right now is WinXP SP2, Office 2k3 SP2 all patches - Duo Core processor with 2 GIG of RAM and 185 GIG of free space on a 320 GIG HD. The mailbox size is about 750MB. The server limit is 2GB per mailbox.

I've tried creating new profiles - so I know it isn't a corrupt PST - running scanpst does not resolve the issue.

Disabling my AV does not help.

There are no toolbar (e.g. adobe) add ins or spam add ins (e.g. cloud blah blah blah).

G

Open the Application event viewer and advise the event ID and source of any
errors please. Also, are you scanning incoming/outgoing email with AV? You
can turn that off without causing any security issues. What's your polling
interval? Are you using any fax software or synch software?

B

boe

Event ID 1000 - I've tried it with AV turned off. My polling interval is
set for the default. There are no add ons such as FAX, ANTI SPAM, ADOBE,
ACTIVESYNC, HOTSYNC etc.

Ask a Question