Outlook & Blackberry Screwing Up my appointments

D

David

Hi. I'm a newbie here. I've searched & couldn't find an answer to this very frustrating issue that has come up in the last month. I'll try to be clear on what the issue is:

Outlook 2007 has "moved" my annual re-occurring appointments by one day. For example - my anniversary is 09/12/98. Outlook is now showing the appointment as "Occurs every 09/11/98 effective 09/12/98". On my calendar the all-day appointment shows up on the 11th not the 12th.

My Blackberry (8800) shows the appointment correctly.

Here's what I've tried:
1) checking my time zones. They are all set to EST (computer, Outlook & BB) & "adjust for daylight savings" is checked
2) deleting the appointments in Outlook & resyncing
3) going through & manually updating each appointment (that was a whip) only to have the issue happen again upon the next BB sync
4) installed the 2007 DST Patch to my Blackberry
5) searched every freakin' Outlook / BB forum I can find

I'm running Outlook 2007 on XP Pro.
I'm NOT on an enterprise server.
I'm using BB Desktop Manager v. 4.2.2.14 (I downgraded b/c the newer versions were taking forever to sync up).

Before I throw my stupid laptop & blackberry out the window can someone please HELP me?!?

Thanks,
David.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

So in outlook its on the monthly calendar on the 11th only, not spanning the
11th and 12th? if you create an all day event in outlook, does it get
screwed up after a few syncs? if you create on the BB, does it get screwed
up?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

D

David

Diane,
All day appointments are not spanning two days - they are just on one day.

I'll create a couple of test appointments on Outlook & on my BB and let you know what gets messed up.

Thanks
- David

[quote title=outlookmvp wrote on Fri, 31 July 2009 07:58]So in outlook its on the monthly calendar on the 11th only, not spanning the
11th and 12th? if you create an all day event in outlook, does it get
screwed up after a few syncs? if you create on the BB, does it get screwed
up?

M

Melody KirkWagner

David, I don't want to get your hopes up, but if you have the patience for it, you might want to make sure you're not in cache mode. This particular behavior doesn't seem like a cache mode problem, but it also doesn't seem impossible. Cache mode is really for large LANs. In order to reduce the bandwidth of zillions of users looking at real time appointments, it caches a picture of your calendar at a particular time and only updates at a specified time or frequency (I'm vague on the details). I suppose it isn't impossible that your Outlook is showing you what it looked like before you fixed it. I have a fix posted for this online here:
http://tribeofadmins.com/home/outlook-wiki/calendar-freebusy-problems
I think that it also wouldn't hurt to follow the instructions for cleaning free/busy data, also on that page. Reboot, and then I'll apologize if I've wasted your time.

I think it's most likely that it's the Blackberry. So you don't think you're alone: I've encountered this before...I just can't remember what the fix was! Maybe it was better to think you were alone, huh? :)

[quote title=dleventhal wrote on Fri, 31 July 2009 11:15]Diane,
All day appointments are not spanning two days - they are just on one day.

I'll create a couple of test appointments on Outlook & on my BB and let you know what gets messed up.

Thanks
- David

outlookmvp wrote on Fri, 31 July 2009 07:5

B

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Cache mode is really for large LANs. In order to reduce the bandwidth of
zillions of users looking at
real time appointments, it caches a picture of your calendar at a particular
time and only updates at a specified time or frequency (I'm vague on the
details).

Actually, Cached Exchange mode is very helpful in WAN environments with low
bandwidth. It allows a better user experience because once the cache gets