Outlook Outlook Archive not working correctly

Reaction score
I am trying to support a charity voluntary and have been trying to use the Archive feature on a computer running Microsoft Outlook Exchange Mailbox – but what I have found is when I choose File| -> Archive| And then I choose to Archive items older than a certain date, it Archives all sub folders but it doesn’t Archive any emails that are in the main inbox root folder even though they are in the date range to be Archived.

Its very strange not sure why it doesn’t archive the inbox only archives subfolders – not sure if anyone knows why this is.

Thanks

Reaction score
It might be worthwhile to check whether or not the Inbox is set up for archiving. Select the Inbox folder, Right-Click and select Properties. There is an Auto-Archive tab on the property sheet and the first selection is Do not archive items in this folder. If that is selected that would explain your problem.

Ask a Question