2gb mailbox then archived, still shows as 2gb

D

dvitti

i'm using outlook2010; my archive process worked fine as i can see the items from my inbox and sent items in the archives...i don't know why the mailbox size is the same when the items decreased significantly...my mailbox only has items in inbox and sent items; the archived items do not show in either unless i'm accessing my archives...doesn't make any sense

C

Char Jackson

i'm using outlook2010; my archive process worked fine as i can see the items from my inbox and sent items in the archives...i don't know why the mailbox size is the same when the items decreased significantly...my mailbox only has items in inbox and sent items; the archived items do not show in either unless i'm accessing my archives...doesn't make any sense

And this is even after you've compacted the data file(s)?

D

dave vitti

no i didn't compact. i assumed that within exchange it would show the mailbox as less than 2gb without a compact; isn't the compact solely for the archive.pst?

C

Char Jackson

no i didn't compact. i assumed that within exchange it would show the mailbox as less than 2gb without a compact; isn't the compact solely for the archive.pst?

It's for any of your Outlook data files.

Note that this is about Outlook, not Exchange.

Ask a Question