Outlook and Yahoo pop e-mail

Javier H.

How can I configure My Outlook and Yahoo pop e-mail, in
order to receive and send my yahoo e-mails using Outlook
and yahoo account with pop options?

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Check with Yahoo - you have to pay them for POP access, and they should have
good documentation on how to set it up

Scott Fellman [MSFT]

The URL to start the process is http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/. Their
lowest package for POP mail starts at $29.99/year

HTH,

Scott Fellman
Microsoft

| From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Outlook and Yahoo pop e-mail
| Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:26:30 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
|
| Check with Yahoo - you have to pay them for POP access, and they should
have
| good documentation on how to set it up
|

| Javier H. wrote:
| > How can I configure My Outlook and Yahoo pop e-mail, in
| > order to receive and send my yahoo e-mails using Outlook
| > and yahoo account with pop options?

Darryl

You could also try this cool little util called YahooPops.
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net

It goes and gets the Yahoo mail via a nifty HTTP interface
and puts it into outlook for you. FREE!!

lowest package for POP mail starts at $29.99/year

HTH,

Scott Fellman
Microsoft

| From: "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<[email protected]

| Subject: Re: Outlook and Yahoo pop e-mail
| Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:26:30 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.thirdpartyutil
|
| Check with Yahoo - you have to pay them for POP access, and they should
have
| good documentation on how to set it up
|

| Javier H. wrote:
| > How can I configure My Outlook and Yahoo pop e-mail, in
| > order to receive and send my yahoo e-mails using Outlook
| > and yahoo account with pop options?

.

kt1

You could also try this cool little util called YahooPops.
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net

It goes and gets the Yahoo mail via a nifty HTTP interface
and puts it into outlook for you. FREE!!
Yahoo Pops rocks, been using it now for a week, very easy to set up too.
And for configuring refer to there site:
http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/index.php
Download the program
Then choose Configuring Mail Clients from the side menu
Then choose your mail program from the list, and follow directions.

UofM Student

If you'd like to bring in your yahoo mail through outlook without using the
POP3, you'd need to do a little bit of scripting on your part.
Here's some helpful info though:
You can log into yahoo directly via a URL, but keep in mind that your
password will always be sent in cleartext since it's included in the URL:

http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?login=YAHOOID&passwd=PASSWORD&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com/

Now, I do think Yahoo! made the POP access at a cost because it's own web
based mail is cool anyway. Further, cheating yahoo out of their well
deserved money for POP3 would be a shame. How about just getting hotmail?

Hope this helps.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"