Outlook 2010 Macro to send a Reply using a Template

Reaction score
I'm looking to setup a Macro that when clicked will reply to the email with a template that was created (.oft file which has a company logo and specifically formatted text). Nothing special otherwise, just having trouble locating any information on how to do this or the VBA scripts needed for the Macro. I'm wanting the original email chain to be be retained, rather than creating a new email (hence wanting a reply email).

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Daniel

Reaction score
Discovered how to create the code and tested it working.

Sub Reply_Scripting(INFO_ONLY)
Dim origEmail As MailItem
Dim replyEmail As MailItem
Set origEmail = Application.ActiveWindow.Selection.Item(1)
Set replyEmail = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Template.oft")
replyEmail.HTMLBody = replyEmail.HTMLBody & origEmail.Reply.HTMLBody
replyEmail.Display
End Sub

Reaction score
great just what i need! - only one problem, when i run the macro, it puts my signature at the bottom of the original message not at the bottom of my reply!! - any ideas on how to fix this?
thanks, Dave

Reaction score
thank you for the code, it works fine but since this will work for replying to the existing mail, can you help tweak the code so that the original recipient stays also for reply all all recipients should stay and email subject also stays. when this code is executed it removes the recipients and email subject.
thanks samir

Reaction score
thank you for the code, it works fine but since this will work for replying to the existing mail, can you help tweak the code so that the original recipient stays also for reply all all recipients should stay and email subject also stays. when this code is executed it removes the recipients and email subject.
thanks samir

I worked on the above and found a very simple solution for adding above mentioned information to the macro. just add below functions to the original macro anywhere after selecting the directory path.

replyEmail.Subject = origEmail.Subject
replyEmail.To = origEmail.To
replyEmail.CC = origEmail.CC

thanks samir

Ask a Question