Outlook 2007 won't open, (Windows 7 Pro)

B

Brian Shaw

I am unable to open Outlook 2007. When I do, I get the error message " Cannot open your default email folders. The information store could not be opened".

Also, I tried to uninstall/reinstall outlook but cannot do so, nor can I uninstall/reinstall Office 2007! I get an installer error.

I did go check with the Control Panel / Mail applet and created a new account "Outlook2007" but that did not help. I then tried using that same applet to look at the data file but the filename is "not available". I tried running the SCANPST.exe repair tool on Outlook.pst, and that did say it fixed the errors, but still I get the same problems opening Outlook.

It was just FINE 2 days ago! But I found that for some reason I don't have any system restore points any older than 24 hours!

Oh, and I am running Windows 7 Professional. Outlook is from my Office 2007 Professional package.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Active State VisualXSLT for .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...0-a1227145add9/active-state-visualxslt-f.aspx

N

Nancy S

I, too, am suddenly experiencing a problem with Win 7 and Outlook 07. I have
had it working for a week or two, after doing a clean install of Win 7. The
last couple of days it started acting a little buggy, but tonight it won't
open at all. The article you referred to above suggests disabling add-ins and
I think that is the problem, but I can't get Outlook to open AT ALL so I have
no chance of tweaking anything. It won't open in Safe Mode, won't open when I
go into msconfig and disable most stuff, won't open after a reinstall or an
Office repair. All other installed office programs are working fine. I just
put a clean install of Office on my laptop after just installing Win 7
tonight and it appears to be working fine, but it did the same thing on my