Outlook Outlook 2007 stopped receiving email from Comcast

Reaction score
Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.

Everything was fine last week but apparently they moved from POP3 to IMAP. Now, Outlook can't pull new mail from the server. Comcast says it's an Outlook problem and Microsoft wants to charge me an arm and a leg to troubleshoot.

I'm running Windows 7.

Help!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.
That's because, unlike the POP protocol, IMAP syncs with third-party mail clients. Translation: When you access your Outlook.com inbox on, say, your desktop e-mail client, any messages you read, send, reply to, or delete get synced back to your account. It's a much more practical way to deal with e-mail.

I do not use MS antiquated email program, however, there is 'free' help from MS to fix the matter, you just need to find it. ;)

Try this linky

:user:

Ask a Question