Outlook 2007 search results wrong

I checked everything, I not filtering them out, the Outlook 2007 search is
just plain wrong.

I did install MS Search 4.0, which is by far my second choice compared to
Google Desktop Search, but it kills my Exchange mailbox, but Outlook 2007's
search is now totally off.

For example, I have 54 emails that are unread that are new, and the search
says nothing found, so I moved the 54 unread emails into another subfolder
in the PST, just by themselves, and searched on "everything" no filters of
any kind, and still it says "nothing found." I can see the emails with my
own two eyes, but run the search and it's "nothing found". This is simply
inaccurate. I have run the search before sometimes and clicked the "find"
button more than once, and the second time it shows results, but the first
time it says "nothing" so it doesn't even agree with itelf. This seems to
be only with PST files.

I don't know if there is a solution for it, but I just wanted to "put it out
there" I searched and couldn't find anything, so hopefully someone from MS
sees this, because it is a fault in MS Outlook and it needs to be fixed.

I have not. I should note, I'm using the Ctrl-Shift-F search which MS is
now hiding because they want us to use the indexed search instead, I don't
know if this is now plugged into using the index anyway.

Diane Poremsky said:
Did you rebuild the index?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

[...]

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It uses the index too, at least for some of the searches. Use the Advanced
tab.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

I have not. I should note, I'm using the Ctrl-Shift-F search which MS is
now hiding because they want us to use the indexed search instead, I don't
know if this is now plugged into using the index anyway.

Diane Poremsky said:
Did you rebuild the index?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

[...]

No luck

Diane Poremsky said:
It uses the index too, at least for some of the searches. Use the Advanced
tab.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

I have not. I should note, I'm using the Ctrl-Shift-F search which MS is
now hiding because they want us to use the indexed search instead, I
don't know if this is now plugged into using the index anyway.

Diane Poremsky said:
Did you rebuild the index?

--

<-> wrote in message I checked everything, I not filtering them out, the Outlook 2007 search
[...]

ECL

We have come across the same thing. We tried a search in various folders in
Outlook and, when it didn't work the first time we tried it again and again
until the correct results came up. Obviously this is not ideal because we
had to put the search in 6 times on one occasion!

We would also be interested to know if there is a proper fix for this.

- said:
No luck