Outlook Outlook 2007 Data File Mgmt Bug?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to this forum. Hopefully, somebody else has seen this.

Thinkpad R-series - Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2370/1.73GHz, 2GB RAM
XP SP2
Avast! anti-virus
Windows Defender
Spybot S&D
Wireless WPA2 connection to a corporate LAN to a T3.
  • The problem is Outlook 2007 and PST files, working with Exchange via an ASP. Here is the background.
  • I created a PST file and added it to my active profile.
  • I copied multiple folders to it, including my inbox folder. I deleted nothing.
  • I closed the PST file.
  • I went to the inbox of my profile and all emails were gone.
  • I opened up the PST file again, within my profile. I went to the copy of the inbox folder there. All emails are gone. All other emails are present in both the PST file and my profile.
  • Only inbox messages are gone.
  • Now a new email arrives. I see it in the inbox and unread folder shortcut. I open it and then it is no longer in either folders. Once I open it, it effectively vanishes.
  • I ran scanost and found no errors.
Has anybody experienced this before? I've had some issues with users in the field that have also had similar issues which is why I started researching this.

Thanks,

jeff

Reaction score
You might want to check and make sure that you aren't essentially running two .pst files at the same time. The default .pst allows you to see the new email that came in and then as soon as you read it, Outlook is shipping it over to the .pst file that you created. Outlook could be using it as an archive to anything that has been read in the Inbox. You should be able to shut down Outlook and go find that .pst file you created and double-click it. It should open Outlook based off that file and then you will be able to see if your missing emails are in that .pst file.

Ask a Question