Outlook 2003 News Reader problems

FX Digital ... www.fx-digital.com

I'm having problems getting the news reader to work with Outlook 2003
Professional....

It works once and then fails and seems to point to this directory
C:\Program Files\Common Files\SYSTEM\MSMAPI\1033

That is when it shows up in the Go menu... most of the time the link is not
there...

Any ideas... I hate having to use OX to view newsgroups... sort of defeats
the purpose...

Steve

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You hate "having to use OX to view newsgroups?"
What did you think you were using before?
OE has always been the news reader for Outlook. Configure it as such in
Control Panel > Internet options...

John G

The solution is:

Open internet options in control panel and go to the programs tab.
Put Outlook Express as the default news reader.

In outlook, the news option will now be available in the customise/go
thingy, add it to the menu and it's fixed.

When you open the news reader, it will say it's not the default news reader
and ask to be made the default, say no and untick the box because if you say
yes,
it will recreate the problem.

I can't find any reference to the issue on the Microsoft site yet, but
hopefully they will fix the bug soon.
(Credits to Steven in athome.aus.tech)

Diggy

Yeah, right on man! I was wondering where in the heck the News option went
to after it dissapeared from my Go menu. Now it works. :)

--
ICQ#