Newsgroup Reader Outlook 2003

Michael Mastro

I recently upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. I had Outlook setup as
my newsgroup reader in IE. Plus whenever I hit the news toolbar button on
Outlook it would bring up OE. This worked fine on Outlook 2003, until I
added my newsgroups back into OE after a minor problem. I had brought up OE
with the news toolbar button on Outlook, then added the newsgroups back in.
I logged out of OE and then went to hit the news toolbar button again, and
now it just brings up the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\MSMAPI\1033. I am looking for a way to fix Outlook again so
that it brings up OE when I hit that button.

Thanks,

Michael R. Mastro II

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel |
Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If
OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch
it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No
button.