Outlook Outlook 2003 exit problem

Reaction score
The problem is in Microsoft Office 2003 – Outlook, Operating system is XP SP2)

When opening Outlook it works fine, but the problem is when clicking exit. An Icon is shown down in the bottom of the screen and it does not exit and the Outlook is not responding any more till I reboot

A notification is shown when trying to click this icon.

"Outlook is not responding. If you are using an Exchange server e-mail account you can cancel pending server request by clicking outlook icon in the notification area and then clicking cancel server request

On the short cut menu"

. I do not have an exchange server e-mail account; I work with POP 3 account

I have put the CD of Office 2003 and make a repair scan. But with no hope

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Have you downloaded the latest Office Service Pack from the update site?

A friend had a few niggles with his Outlook 2003 and it cleared after updating.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem which was connected with the fact that I had scheduled pickup of mail when Outlook was offline. This ensures Outlook is running in the background.
Have you tried double-clicking the tray icon?
If you want to shut down the background process without rebooting you can start task manager and then shut down Outlook in the process list.

Reaction score
i have read that Outlook 2003 post-service Pack 1 hotfix package fixes this outlook exit problem
where I can obtain this package download

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
You get it from the same place as you get your other Office updates - either via Office Update or Microsoft Update.

The latest update is Service Pack 3 (sp3) - so if you downloaded it as I suggested earlier then you will already have all the patches.

Ask a Question